Re: [aloha-donblanding] Re: Hollywood Evening School

  • kklein
    Message 1 of 17 , Aug 8, 2001
      Hi again,

      My mistake: the title of the paper was "Eventidings." I have some
      scattered issues (vol.8:1-2 (Oct-Nov 1940), vol.9:8 (Oct 1941), vol.10:2,4
      (Dec 1941, April 1942). My father was editor for part of that time and
      Edyth Hope Genee a reporter. In the issue for Oct 1940, there is an
      article entitled, "Poetry Class Shows Talent," in which it is mentioned
      that the class (taught at that time by Julia Baldwin Hazelton), the
      Chaparral Poets are mentioned. Edyth Genee is also mentioned as a "former
      member of the class." So now I'm not so sure she was there in the late
      1930s, but at least close.

      --Ken