Re: No Strings

  • cholyday@iinet.net.au
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 6, 2001
      Thanks tj - I have never used ebay, preferring to use a local Aussie
      bookfinder service. Actually, my first USA purchase just arrived to
      day - The Rest of the Road, a 1943 Dodd Mead print, originally
      purchased in Washington DC on Oct 12, 1943, by a Norman Hewitt. Makes
      me think about, Antique Shop :- "who's hand wrote his name ... across
      this tattered novel's faded page"? Adds another dimension to the poem
      doesn't it - a self actualising book that's now travelled the world!
      There are some great poems in this book, as I am sure you all know -
      but I have already spotted a new found favourite - "This Nagging
      Urge" - I think it's brilliant as it is a theme that is very close to
      me and one that I have thought and written about in the past. Deja Vu.
      Yes, the postage to Aust is the real killer tj, at around A$20 per
      book. I'll talk to you direct about this.
      Aloha friends,
      Chris
    • karen Cotter
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 6, 2001
        Oh Chris, if you have not looked at eBay, we might as well say "goodbye" to
        you right now. I have been lost in the wonders of eBay for 2 1/2 years
        straight and am just now surfacing for air and re-joining the living! I
        have an enormous collection of books that I would not have found in 10
        lifetimes of searching elsewhere! The most arcane, esoteric book you have
        ever desired will show up, sooner or later, on eBay! Bon Voyage!

        LOL Karen - Kittykowkow
      • Michael Brookman
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 6, 2001
          Too true! I finally completed (well, for now) my collection of Blanding via
          eBay. I'd searched for some of the books for almost 20 years! The easiest
          can sometimes be the hardest. Good luck, Chris! michael