Re: [aloha-donblanding] re: No Strings

    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 6, 2001
      Have you checked out the Blanding Ebay site for books....many of them on
      there, or is postage the real issue? tj
    • cholyday@iinet.net.au
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 6, 2001
        Thanks tj - I have never used ebay, preferring to use a local Aussie
        bookfinder service. Actually, my first USA purchase just arrived to
        day - The Rest of the Road, a 1943 Dodd Mead print, originally
        purchased in Washington DC on Oct 12, 1943, by a Norman Hewitt. Makes
        me think about, Antique Shop :- "who's hand wrote his name ... across
        this tattered novel's faded page"? Adds another dimension to the poem
        doesn't it - a self actualising book that's now travelled the world!
        There are some great poems in this book, as I am sure you all know -
        but I have already spotted a new found favourite - "This Nagging
        Urge" - I think it's brilliant as it is a theme that is very close to
        me and one that I have thought and written about in the past. Deja Vu.
        Yes, the postage to Aust is the real killer tj, at around A$20 per
        book. I'll talk to you direct about this.
        Aloha friends,
        Chris
      • karen Cotter
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 6, 2001
          Oh Chris, if you have not looked at eBay, we might as well say "goodbye" to
          you right now. I have been lost in the wonders of eBay for 2 1/2 years
          straight and am just now surfacing for air and re-joining the living! I
          have an enormous collection of books that I would not have found in 10
          lifetimes of searching elsewhere! The most arcane, esoteric book you have
          ever desired will show up, sooner or later, on eBay! Bon Voyage!

          LOL Karen - Kittykowkow
        • Michael Brookman
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 6, 2001
            Too true! I finally completed (well, for now) my collection of Blanding via
            eBay. I'd searched for some of the books for almost 20 years! The easiest
            can sometimes be the hardest. Good luck, Chris! michael