Re: The Bird of Paradise myth

  • tamsui1984@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 5, 2001
      --- In aloha-donblanding@y..., keith2draw@h... wrote:
      > Ron,
      >
      > You're very perceptive. Blanding was a bit of a showman, and I've
      > always felt he embellished his stories and experiences with little
      > white lies.
      > My best guess is Dec. 1916 because of his college
      > transcripts...but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. He could
      > have enrolled for the March 1916 classes, but left in the winter of
      > 1915 and never attended them.

      Keith... Bingo! You are absolutely right! He enrolled for the
      March 1916 classes in Chicago, but never attended.
      In a day or two I will fill you in on what he was really doing.
      I have to get into my research binders tonight and cross index a
      little.
      Cheers Ron Jack

      PS Keith and Cadio both. My Yahoo account is registered in Asia
      (although I am in greater Vancouver, B.C.)
      which is why the header shows Monday August 6, early a.m.
      If you care that your posts have the correst date and time,
      you cannot bounce my message back with annotations. You have
      to generate a new message. Sorry.
    • Michael Brookman
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 5, 2001
        Cadia, I forgot that you're in Seattle! Thanks to our new Canadian friend,
        Ron, the connection in the little grey cells clicked. I'll be coming from
        Idaho (Shakespeare Fest and backpacking in the Sawtooths) and would like to
        come through your town on the way back to California. If you give me the
        address of your shop, I'll be sure to visit. I should be through on
        September 6th or so. Looking forward to meeting you, I've been visiting
        your website for about 2 years. Thx, michael brookman
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 5, 2001
          Michael and Ron....

          As most of the group knows, I do not have a shop at the Market. That
          is just my mailing address. However, Michael, I would enjoy meeting
          you in September. Since the 6th is a weekday, I'll be working but
          I'm sure we can schedule lunch or something. And Ron, if you get
          down this way, please let me know as well.

          As for time/date on e-mails, that is controlled by the sender. If a
          message is sent from the group website (as I generally do), the time
          is recorded as Pacific (Seattle) time regardless of the location of
          sender or recipient. In any case, the messages appear in the order
          received. Many group members do not receive individual e-mails so
          the time/date on the header is not important anyway.

          For my personal e-mail address, I frequently get responses to e-mails
          that appear to have been sent before I even send a message -- mainly
          because the sender has not set his/her e-mail system to local time.
          Sometimes even the year is wrong!