Re: No Strings

  • cholyday@iinet.net.au
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 3 8:01 AM
      Thanks all for the great feedback. And thanks tj - I'll call.
      Keith - that was great info, and Cadia, I have been working my way
      around this site - you've done a great job here, keep it up and I'll
      let someone else have a go for a while now!
      Chris
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 6 6:33 AM
        Have you checked out the Blanding Ebay site for books....many of them on
        there, or is postage the real issue? tj
      • cholyday@iinet.net.au
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 6 7:49 AM
          Thanks tj - I have never used ebay, preferring to use a local Aussie
          bookfinder service. Actually, my first USA purchase just arrived to
          day - The Rest of the Road, a 1943 Dodd Mead print, originally
          purchased in Washington DC on Oct 12, 1943, by a Norman Hewitt. Makes
          me think about, Antique Shop :- "who's hand wrote his name ... across
          this tattered novel's faded page"? Adds another dimension to the poem
          doesn't it - a self actualising book that's now travelled the world!
          There are some great poems in this book, as I am sure you all know -
          but I have already spotted a new found favourite - "This Nagging
          Urge" - I think it's brilliant as it is a theme that is very close to
          me and one that I have thought and written about in the past. Deja Vu.
          Yes, the postage to Aust is the real killer tj, at around A$20 per
          book. I'll talk to you direct about this.
          Aloha friends,
          Chris
        • karen Cotter
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 6 8:08 AM
            Oh Chris, if you have not looked at eBay, we might as well say "goodbye" to
            you right now. I have been lost in the wonders of eBay for 2 1/2 years
            straight and am just now surfacing for air and re-joining the living! I
            have an enormous collection of books that I would not have found in 10
            lifetimes of searching elsewhere! The most arcane, esoteric book you have
            ever desired will show up, sooner or later, on eBay! Bon Voyage!

            LOL Karen - Kittykowkow
          • Michael Brookman
            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 6 6:16 PM
              Too true! I finally completed (well, for now) my collection of Blanding via
              eBay. I'd searched for some of the books for almost 20 years! The easiest
              can sometimes be the hardest. Good luck, Chris! michael