Re: [aloha-donblanding] Re: No Strings

    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 2, 2001
      Funny thing this life is....tj is Norweigen and wouldn't know one if one
      walked by....guess I'll have to peer into my heritage some.....(smile)...tj
    • cholyday@iinet.net.au
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 3, 2001
        Thanks all for the great feedback. And thanks tj - I'll call.
        Keith - that was great info, and Cadia, I have been working my way
        around this site - you've done a great job here, keep it up and I'll
        let someone else have a go for a while now!
        Chris
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 6, 2001
          Have you checked out the Blanding Ebay site for books....many of them on
          there, or is postage the real issue? tj
        • cholyday@iinet.net.au
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 6, 2001
            Thanks tj - I have never used ebay, preferring to use a local Aussie
            bookfinder service. Actually, my first USA purchase just arrived to
            day - The Rest of the Road, a 1943 Dodd Mead print, originally
            purchased in Washington DC on Oct 12, 1943, by a Norman Hewitt. Makes
            me think about, Antique Shop :- "who's hand wrote his name ... across
            this tattered novel's faded page"? Adds another dimension to the poem
            doesn't it - a self actualising book that's now travelled the world!
            There are some great poems in this book, as I am sure you all know -
            but I have already spotted a new found favourite - "This Nagging
            Urge" - I think it's brilliant as it is a theme that is very close to
            me and one that I have thought and written about in the past. Deja Vu.
            Yes, the postage to Aust is the real killer tj, at around A$20 per
            book. I'll talk to you direct about this.
            Aloha friends,
            Chris
          • karen Cotter
            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 6, 2001
              Oh Chris, if you have not looked at eBay, we might as well say "goodbye" to
              you right now. I have been lost in the wonders of eBay for 2 1/2 years
              straight and am just now surfacing for air and re-joining the living! I
              have an enormous collection of books that I would not have found in 10
              lifetimes of searching elsewhere! The most arcane, esoteric book you have
              ever desired will show up, sooner or later, on eBay! Bon Voyage!

              LOL Karen - Kittykowkow
            • Michael Brookman
              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 6, 2001
                Too true! I finally completed (well, for now) my collection of Blanding via
                eBay. I'd searched for some of the books for almost 20 years! The easiest
                can sometimes be the hardest. Good luck, Chris! michael