Scotty

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 28, 2001
      In a lette from Scotty dated 3/13/39 from Honoulu, he describes his
      flight on the Clipper as being his first but will not be his last.
      The letter also states "he met Ruth Eleanor Quackenbush to whom I am
      engaged at present and intend to go back to the coast again this April to
      marry her and bring her back to the Hawaiin Islands to live in paradise?"
      The question mark was his. The letter was address to himself however.
      According to Allen Sawtelle, Scotty and Don would do first issue stamps and
      Scotty would address things to himself in order to get the first edition
      stamp. The envelope is a first edition Boeing Clipper Inaugural Flight
      envelope with a drawing of the clipper on it. Scotty's signature is on it
      and it is the first I've seen of his own.....
      Thanks to Allen for this piece.........tj