Red Leather Vagabond's House

  • keith2draw@home.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 28, 2001
      If anyone is looking to add the very rare red leather edition
      of 'Vagabond's House' to their collection, there is a copy being sold
      out in Ventura, California.

      The condition of the leather sounds questionable, but perhaps it can
      be repaired. For twenty bucks it might be worth it for someone, and
      you could upgrade at a later date.

      Blanding, Don Vagabond's House
      NY Dodd Mead 1933. Good. As is, red leather cover is tattered on
      edges, torn on back. The author has signed a brief inscription on the
      endleaves. Some browning of pages. Book # 0087386 - Price: US$ 20.00

      VENTURA PACIFIC LTD Out of Print Books, 777 North Olive Street,
      Ventura, CA, U.S.A., 93001-1661.
      Phone: 888-696-6111 (tollfree). Fax: 805-648-6335. Email:
      orders@...

      ~~ Keith
    • Nelson Black
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 29, 2001
        keith: Was the "rare red leather" for just this printing?

      • keith2draw@home.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 29, 2001
          Nelson,

          The red leather editions I've come across were published in 1932,
          1933 & 1937. They may have been available with each subsequent
          printing ...I'm not sure. But it appears that most folks bought the
          cloth version (less expensive) - the leather ones appear very rarely
          in the book stores.

          The blue leatherbound edition from 1940 comes up a little more often
          than the red.

          ~~ Keith
        • keith2draw@home.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 14, 2001
            O.K. guys...here's another red leather edition of "Vagabond's House"
            that someone is selling on ebay for $20...go get it.

            Ebay # 1454639722