Scotty

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 11, 2001
      tj has had two phone calls from Chowchilla as of tonight. Both with
      interest in helping uncover Scotty and his family. Both the callers grew up
      in Chowchilla and know many of the older generation there. They are going to
      "talk it up" in town and that shouldn't take long for a town this size
      (smile). If we deadend on this, then I wouldn't know where to turn next.
      There is a High School reunion in October in which ANYONE graduating from the
      Chowchilla High School is invited for a 3 day party....I was invited to
      attend. Thats about the time I'll be retiring and maybe Chowchilla isn't the
      place I want to celebrate....come on guys give me a break!
      I plastered flyers all over town with some good results so far........I
      am also phoning the Chowchilla New (published weekly) to see if I can get a
      story in there or a cheap ad....we'll see.....

      The Chowchilla Library is being rebuilt as we speak and a lot of their books
      have been boxed up. I was told that this little Library doesn't sell off its
      books and so there might be a good chance that the books DB donated might
      still be there...now back to the Carmel Pine Cone to dredge up the books
      mentioned that were DB's favorites...then I can see if they might be there or
      if they were autographed, etc.

      As to Armine....I have a friend in Fresno that is retired Law
      enforcement....I have asked him for a favor on this one and he is going to
      see what he can dig up from the Fresno Police Dept. basement on Armine. An
      exact date of death would be helpful if anyone has it???? I am combing all
      the past messages as I believe someone came up with the possible date of
      death. Or did Keith already mention that? Keith the walking library! Yes
      Keith, I agree, there is more to the story with Armine. I also have my
      sister in law going to the Tower District Antique stores in Fresno with
      another flyer I made up. Never know what will surface you know....I think in
      the 1930's this farming area was more closely connected than it is today and
      there may still be people around who will remember
      something..........enough.......tj

      hey, feels good to get back into this stuff.......the Blandingmobile is
      itching to move on......tj

      Now, who would be brave enough to do a show in Madera County on DB???
      (smile)