Re: [aloha-donblanding] Dave Ballard's "Vagabond's House" recordings

  • Clueless in Seattle
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 9, 2001
      Bev Leinbach wrote:

      > Good work on Lew Lathrop. Please let me know if he has anything left of
      > Dave BallardsÂ’ work.

      Sorry to have dropped the ball folks. A couple of weeks ago I rode my
      bicycle to the emergency room with a sharp pain in my lower right
      abdomen and a few hours later they were wheeling me out of the operating
      room minus my appendix. Turns out the appendix was just fine, thank
      you. And I've still got the pain so we still don't know what's wrong.
      Needless to say I didn't ride my bike back home that day.

      On the plus side though: they gave me a pain killer (oxycodone) that
      not only made the post op pain bearable, but it also cleared up all of
      the disabling symptoms that have crippled me for the last nine years.
      So maybe I'll be able to start looking for a job again. While taking
      the oxycodone I was able to work at my computer for 8 hours straight;
      instead of having to lie down every hour or so to let the pain in my
      legs subside. But enough of my operation stories.

      The long and short of it is that I had been organizing a lecture meeting
      for our Seattle Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Support Group and I had to
      comlete the arrangements and host that meeting while recuperating from
      the surgery. To say nothing of the difficulty of shopping (I have no
      car), doctor appointments, laundry, etc.

      So I'm afraid the Dave Ballard project got buried under a pile of papers
      on my desk. But I've vowed to clear off my desk today, and as soon as I
      dig out Lew's phone number I'll give him a ring and see what we can
      scare up.

      P.S. Someone from this list offered me a CD of Don Blanding reading his
      own poems. Have any of you heard this CD? I thought I replied to the
      message but I haven't heard anything back, or else the drugs from the
      surgery just wiped out my memory. If the Blanding recording is a good
      one, that would make a good second choice should it turn out we aren't
      able to unearth the Dave Ballard recordings.
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 9, 2001
        Hi, Clueless...

        Sorry to hear about your difficulties, but it's great that you've
        found a medication to help with your pain.

        Keith Emmons has created the CD from Don Blanding's LP recording. He
        sells the CD via his website and on eBay.

        Current auction ends June 11:

        http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1152491093

        Website:

        http://www.don-blanding.com