Po' Old Virgin

  • doggydan@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 8, 2001
      Hi Keith, et al! My yellowed but well-preserved "Virgin" has had the
      misfortune of falling upon hard times! In her youth, sparkling with
      current wit and soft to the touch, she was the edition printed by
      Henry M. Snyder, copyrighted 1928, 1930 and 1933 by Don Blanding and
      found her way into the hands of a not-too-erudite bookseller who
      called her a "first edition" and wanted $15.00 for her. The poor
      gal obviously languished on a shelf, her face yellowing with time and
      her pages showing her age. She wept as she was marked down to
      $7.50...to her great embarrassment, some heavy hand marked her down
      even further to @2.50! Having fallen into disgrace, she next found
      herself in a dusty box in someone's driveway at the grand price of 25
      cents where KittyKowKow found her, offered a dime and brought her
      home about 25 years ago! She plenny old lady now, that Anne! Karen C.
    • keith2draw@home.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 8, 2001
        A bargain at a dime...that's for sure!

        For being a virgin, Annie sure has been around the block a few
        times!!!

        Keith
      • Nelson Black
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 8, 2001
          For 25 years that old virgin is obviously well placed in a happy
          home.....and the price was right.....

          Nelson