Re: [aloha-donblanding] May Day Is Lei Day

    Message 1 of 19 , May 1, 2001
      tj can still smell the flowers on the lei's sent to the Carmel show by
      Tom....We had guests very disappointed that they didn't get one just by
      showing up...thanks Tom, from Tom.......tj Maybe a show on Maui for the next
      Lei Day? What fun that would be to honor DB in such a way......tj
    • MauiBandB@aol.com
      Message 2 of 19 , May 2, 2001
        Thanks Karen
        I did make the lei with a flower for each of you.

        aloha
        Tom

      • MauiBandB@aol.com
        Message 3 of 19 , May 3, 2001
          Yeah we gotta both retire and get on it TJ, before Bill boyd retires he is 70 you know.

          aloha
          TOm
          Message 4 of 19 , May 3, 2001
            Well, get me some contacts that I can try to influence....If Bill Boyd is the
            MAN, then lets get on him....I can do a lot from the mainland to get this
            going, you don't have to do it all you know.....Is the Outrigger the best
            option? I've been down this road in Carmel and it took me 8 months to set it
            all up...and I'm just 100 miles away from Carmel and I can drive
            there.....Hawaii is much different for me....I have to have contacts like
            yourself to get things started.....

            What was the response to Lei Day on Maui???? Any newpaper coverage? If so,
            can you send me copies of whatever was published? That would help me with
            the local info and how it is perceived.

            My D Day is now less that 6 months away...then I am free to run......talk to
            me Mr. Maui Tom....I need you to get me started in the right
            direction.......tj
          • MauiBandB@aol.com
            Message 5 of 19 , May 3, 2001
              TJ

              Hope to have my D day before yours. There was a nice reminicising article on
              front page of my news with no ref to D B. The Outrigger did their fabulous
              lei day event again. I do believe that is the correct place to do it. We
              could do some other events in build up perhaps even one at the Inn.
              I called to wish Bill Happy lei day on the day but he was home ill I will
              contact in a day or two.

              aloha
              Tom