Re: [aloha-donblanding] May Day Is Lei Day

  • karen Cotter
    Message 1 of 19 , May 1, 2001
      Thanks, Tom - what a sweet thought! I can feel it and smell it already!
      (Or is that my sweet dog's breath this morning on my face, reminding me
      "IT'S BREAKFAST TIME!" !

      I'm just teasing, Tom, I accept your lei with many mahalos!

      Karen Leilani kittykowkow
      Message 2 of 19 , May 1, 2001
        tj can still smell the flowers on the lei's sent to the Carmel show by
        Tom....We had guests very disappointed that they didn't get one just by
        showing up...thanks Tom, from Tom.......tj Maybe a show on Maui for the next
        Lei Day? What fun that would be to honor DB in such a way......tj
      • MauiBandB@aol.com
        Message 3 of 19 , May 2, 2001
          Thanks Karen
          I did make the lei with a flower for each of you.

          aloha
          Tom

        • MauiBandB@aol.com
          Message 4 of 19 , May 3, 2001
            Yeah we gotta both retire and get on it TJ, before Bill boyd retires he is 70 you know.

            aloha
            TOm
            Message 5 of 19 , May 3, 2001
              Well, get me some contacts that I can try to influence....If Bill Boyd is the
              MAN, then lets get on him....I can do a lot from the mainland to get this
              going, you don't have to do it all you know.....Is the Outrigger the best
              option? I've been down this road in Carmel and it took me 8 months to set it
              all up...and I'm just 100 miles away from Carmel and I can drive
              there.....Hawaii is much different for me....I have to have contacts like
              yourself to get things started.....

              What was the response to Lei Day on Maui???? Any newpaper coverage? If so,
              can you send me copies of whatever was published? That would help me with
              the local info and how it is perceived.

              My D Day is now less that 6 months away...then I am free to run......talk to
              me Mr. Maui Tom....I need you to get me started in the right
              direction.......tj
            • MauiBandB@aol.com
              Message 6 of 19 , May 3, 2001
                TJ

                Hope to have my D day before yours. There was a nice reminicising article on
                front page of my news with no ref to D B. The Outrigger did their fabulous
                lei day event again. I do believe that is the correct place to do it. We
                could do some other events in build up perhaps even one at the Inn.
                I called to wish Bill Happy lei day on the day but he was home ill I will
                contact in a day or two.

                aloha
                Tom