Re: [aloha-donblanding] May Day Is Lei Day

  • MauiBandB@aol.com
    Message 1 of 19 , May 1, 2001
      For Each flower I string into a lei on lei day I will think of each of you.
      For to Don Blandings Group each of you is a cherished lei.

      Happy Lei Day

      ALoha
      Tom Fairbanks

    • karen Cotter
      Message 2 of 19 , May 1, 2001
        Thanks, Tom - what a sweet thought! I can feel it and smell it already!
        (Or is that my sweet dog's breath this morning on my face, reminding me
        "IT'S BREAKFAST TIME!" !

        I'm just teasing, Tom, I accept your lei with many mahalos!

        Karen Leilani kittykowkow
        Message 3 of 19 , May 1, 2001
          tj can still smell the flowers on the lei's sent to the Carmel show by
          Tom....We had guests very disappointed that they didn't get one just by
          showing up...thanks Tom, from Tom.......tj Maybe a show on Maui for the next
          Lei Day? What fun that would be to honor DB in such a way......tj
        • MauiBandB@aol.com
          Message 4 of 19 , May 2, 2001
            Thanks Karen
            I did make the lei with a flower for each of you.

            aloha
            Tom

          • MauiBandB@aol.com
            Message 5 of 19 , May 3, 2001
              Yeah we gotta both retire and get on it TJ, before Bill boyd retires he is 70 you know.

              aloha
              TOm
              Message 6 of 19 , May 3, 2001
                Well, get me some contacts that I can try to influence....If Bill Boyd is the
                MAN, then lets get on him....I can do a lot from the mainland to get this
                going, you don't have to do it all you know.....Is the Outrigger the best
                option? I've been down this road in Carmel and it took me 8 months to set it
                all up...and I'm just 100 miles away from Carmel and I can drive
                there.....Hawaii is much different for me....I have to have contacts like
                yourself to get things started.....

                What was the response to Lei Day on Maui???? Any newpaper coverage? If so,
                can you send me copies of whatever was published? That would help me with
                the local info and how it is perceived.

                My D Day is now less that 6 months away...then I am free to run......talk to
                me Mr. Maui Tom....I need you to get me started in the right
                direction.......tj
              • MauiBandB@aol.com
                Message 7 of 19 , May 3, 2001
                  TJ

                  Hope to have my D day before yours. There was a nice reminicising article on
                  front page of my news with no ref to D B. The Outrigger did their fabulous
                  lei day event again. I do believe that is the correct place to do it. We
                  could do some other events in build up perhaps even one at the Inn.
                  I called to wish Bill Happy lei day on the day but he was home ill I will
                  contact in a day or two.

                  aloha
                  Tom