  • AhrSea@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 7, 2001
      For Larry

      Reply to:
      Hey Bill.... I am here.. read any Blanding lately?
      I have been reading through "Floridays" and "Mostly California" lately. Two
      states I have never lived in. It is interesting to me that while he did write
      about other states, DBs first love and the place he did keep returning back
      to was Hawaii. I can't think of it, but do you know if DB ever wrote any
      poems about his home state of OK?
      Aloha
      Larry
      On page 75 of Drifter's Gold is one of my favorite poems that I recite on
      Halloween night to any and all who will listen - Devil's Wind, about the
      prairie wind. It is in a section titled Western Gold.
      Also, on page 114 of Let us Dream is a poem entitled Prairie Days about
      Lawton, Oklahoma.
      Hope you can find these poems.
      AhrSea

    • TikiRoom18@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 7, 2001
        In a message dated 4/7/01 9:02:47 PM Eastern Daylight Time, AhrSea@...
        writes:

        << Larry
        On page 75 of Drifter's Gold is one of my favorite poems that I recite on
        Halloween night to any and all who will listen - Devil's Wind, about the
        prairie wind. It is in a section titled Western Gold.
        Also, on page 114 of Let us Dream is a poem entitled Prairie Days about
        Lawton, Oklahoma.
        Hope you can find these poems.
        AhrSea >>

        Thanks AhrSea.. I will go look these up...
        I appreciate the page references too...
        :-)

        Larry
      • rubiconlaw@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 9, 2001
          DB had written Lawton resident Lucile Henderson that the poem A Name
          for My Mountain in Today is here is about Mount Scott in the Witchita
          Mountains outside Lawton. The illustration was taken from a
          photograh of Mount Scott. He also wrote about the mountain in one of
          his Pine Cone colums. Sorry, I don't have a date for it.
          I must say that Prairie Days is one of, if not the best acounts of
          early Lawton that I have ever read.
          Jim W.