Re: Hula Moons Restaurant

  • keith2draw@home.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 7, 2001
      Michael,

      I have a copy of that Aloha Magazine article...a nice piece.

      Thanks for the compliments on the CD...no editing was necessary...it
      is straight from the album. A colleague of mine at the college I work
      for transferred it to a CD for $10, and I went out and purchased a CD
      burner to reproduce copies from the master. The cover design is also
      straight from the album...I did shamelessly add a plug for my website
      on the front and back too! :o)

      I have been in contact with Jimmy Buffet's publishers (The Peninsula
      Press), and they have visited my website...they gave me five stars!
      The editor of Jimmy's books is very interested in Blanding, as they
      published a modern version of the book Floridays. They have
      supposedly passed on the website to Jimmy himself, but as far as I
      know he hasn't visited yet. They were nice enough to send me a
      complimentary copy of their version of Floridays and I must say it's
      superior in quality to any Blanding publication I've ever seen
      before...beautiful!

      The album Floridays (and the cassette and CD) has a snippet of
      Blanding's poetry...and Buffet's book 'A Pirate Looks at Fifty' has
      the poem 'A Double Life' as an ending to the book.

      There is definately a large audience out there of Parrotheads who may
      be converted to Blandingheads if we tap into them. I've been told
      that the editors of 'The Coconut Telegram' (Buffet's Fan Rag) are
      interested in a story on Blanding, and I'm currently working on that.

      ~~Keith
      www.don-blanding.com