Jimmy Buffett & Floridays

  • TikiRoom18@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 7, 2001
      MFBrookman@... writes:

      << 3rd. It's probably been mentioned, but I didn't know that pop artist
      Jimmy Buffett did an album titled Floridays. He read and was impressed with
      DB's work and did two songs on the album related to his poetry. Not really
      earthshaking work, but nice to have. Especially if you're a fan of both
      artists. >>

      I dont know if this was in the CD or cassette liner but on the LP Buffett
      also includes a Blanding poem.. maybe even "Floridays".... In several
      interviews Buffett talks about his admiration for Blanding and that he has
      "all his books". A lot of Buffett's music reflects the vagabond nature of
      Blanding's poetry. I know a lot of "parrotheads" decided to check on this
      Blanding character after hearing about it from Jimmy.

      Larry