[aloha-donblanding] Re: Just a thought

  • TikiRoom18@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 1, 2000
      Cadia....
      yes I finally discovered how to access that.. I even added a few links...
      The copy of "Joy..." that I have is dated May 27, 1957. It says.. "To Marion,
      Aloha (with the goofus bird...), Happiest Wishes- Don Blanding May 27, 1957"
      Besides that, I have no information, I assume he was probably back in CA by
      then...
      I will admit that this book is a departure for Don.... but enjoyable.. I
      guess the vagabond, as he got older and slowed down took an inward journey....

      Aloha
      Larry
    • Bill McMurray
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 1, 2000
        Cadia,
        Yes, I saw the post card and even printed the handwritten side. It's now a
        bookmark in Songs Of The SevenSenses. My sister lived in Calgary for a
        number of years and her daughter still lives there.
        But what struck me was that it was written just a month before he died.
        Shivers, and then some!
        Bill