[aloha-donblanding] Re: Just a thought

    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 1, 2000
      Larry and Keith...

      You have seen the postcard from Calgary in my DB Photopoint album, haven't
      you? At least we know he was there on May 8, 1957... shivers? Yes!

      ~~C~~
    • TikiRoom18@aol.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 1, 2000
        Cadia....
        yes I finally discovered how to access that.. I even added a few links...
        The copy of "Joy..." that I have is dated May 27, 1957. It says.. "To Marion,
        Aloha (with the goofus bird...), Happiest Wishes- Don Blanding May 27, 1957"
        Besides that, I have no information, I assume he was probably back in CA by
        then...
        I will admit that this book is a departure for Don.... but enjoyable.. I
        guess the vagabond, as he got older and slowed down took an inward journey....

        Aloha
        Larry
      • Bill McMurray
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 1, 2000
          Cadia,
          Yes, I saw the post card and even printed the handwritten side. It's now a
          bookmark in Songs Of The SevenSenses. My sister lived in Calgary for a
          number of years and her daughter still lives there.
          But what struck me was that it was written just a month before he died.
          Shivers, and then some!
          Bill