VIRUS

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 21, 2001
      I received a e-mail from PGBUSI……. the other day and thought it was from
      Dean and opened the attachment even though Outlook said it may contain a
      virus. I knew Dean wouldn’t send a virus. Well someone did and Hal has spent
      the weekend fixing the Lap-top. Sat. I received a e-mail with and attachment
      from Keith and Outlook said it may contain a virus and I deleted it, as Keith
      doesn’t send jokes or funny attachment to me.
      I am letting you all know this because someone may be using our e-mail
      addresses to send viruses. And like me, if you think you know who sent it and
      open it, you may have troubles like we did.

    • keith2draw@home.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 26, 2001
        Bev,

        Yes, I've spent the weekend ridding my computer of a virus. What
        happens is it gets onto your hard drive and attaches itself to certain
        programs, then when you send an email to someone, it sends another
        email with an attachment to the same person. So everyone I emailed
        this last week may have had another email with the virus sent to them.

        As long as you do not open the attachment you are O.K., but be sure to
        delete it...then also delete it from your deleted folder.

        Fortunately, it doesn't do any permanent damage to your hard drive, as
        long as you use a virus program to eradicate it in good time.