Death Certificate of DB

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 26, 2001
      Dean,
      Did you ever contact the funeral home that transported Don to Hawaii in
      1957? I have always wondered if “the ring” was cremated with him and sent
      back to Hawaii.

      Pierce Brothers Cunningham O’Connor Mortuary
      5959 Santa Monica Blvd.
      Hollywood Ca 90038
      (323) 465-5181 Fax: (323) 465-1549

    • keith2draw@home.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 26, 2001
        Bev,
        I'm pretty sure that Blanding gave his famous blue ring with the
        centaur in it to someone along the way, as he did with most of his
        treasures. In all of the photos I've seen of him in his later years
        he is wearing a circular ring...not the rectangular one. It's funny,
        I was just noticing this a few days ago. I doubt they would have
        cremated him with his jewelry on anyway...but then again, I'm no
        expert in that area.