Re: [aloha-donblanding] Re: Northwest-Blanding

    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 26, 2001
      tj would be interested in learning more about Haiku and Tanka by Edithe....tj
      has been studying Haiku poetry for the last year and just started into
      reviewing modern Haiku poets.....DB definetely wasn't into Haiku as far as I
      can determine, but it is of interest that Edithe was.

      Also, tj has been studying the DB scrapbook found in Carmel and in it, are
      lists of Charpparel Poet members and some listing of a class with members in
      Glendale area...so Bev/Karen are you up to chasing down addresses??? The
      scrapbook contains info from 1943-1946, then stops......So, where is the next
      from scrapbook from 1946 on????
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 26, 2001
        Sure,
        I think there is a lot to find in Glendale area. That is where Armine
        VonTempsky-Ball is buried and I have asked Forest Lawn for information on her
        to see if I can find out more about her, DB and her husband Alfred Ball. Also
        the main library has a Research/History section that I want to investigate.
        To bad we didn’t start this a few years ago as the man that started this
        section died in 98. He may have had a lot to tell.
        Send the address my/our way , and as soon as I clean the files off the guest
        bed of DB stuff and visit the U of Riverside…it will be on top of the away
        research list.

        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 29, 2001
          Karon or Dean,

          Can you check on this book at the Palos Verdes Library to see if there is
          DB art or poetry in it. Terry at the Ontario Library said their copy is gone.

          Mahalo,

          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 29, 2001
            tj may have missed some of the dialogue recently, but tj has a copy of The
            Velvet Years. It has illustrations by DB and states so on the dust cover.
            The book was published in 1961. There are 8 illustrations......hope this
            helps....tj
          • bevbach@pacbell.net
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 28, 2001
              Keith,

              Did you ever get this book,,,Velvet Years????

              Bev.

            • keith2draw@home.com
              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 28, 2001
                Bev,