Re: [aloha-donblanding] Re: Ebay, Ebay, Ebay - Hilo

  • TikiRoom18@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 25, 2001
      In a message dated 1/25/01 9:31:33 PM Eastern Standard Time,
      keith2draw@... writes:

      << So Larry, do you have time to poke around the archives of the Hilo
      Tribune Herald for these dates? >>

      Sorry Keith. I would love to, but Atlanta is my current home. I am very
      familiar with Onekahakaha beach area and do remember a lot of the older
      houses down there. perhaps if I ever plan a trip "home" I can schedule in
      some library research too!
      There is a great tidal pool at Onekahakaha Beach that traps in all sorts of
      sea creatures. It's a wonderful spot to safely snorkel in and see all types
      of aquatic life in relatively shallow water. I saw my first pair of Moorish
      Idol fish dancing and twirling underwater there and also recall coming home
      that night ( I was in my early 20s) and writing a Blanding-esque tribute to
      the tidal pool. Spooky that Blanding may have actually also swam in that same
      tidal pool.
      Great information Keith! Thanks for bringing this summer of Blanding's to
      clear life for me!