RE: [aloha-donblanding] Re: Northwest-Blanding

    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 25, 2001
      Keith,

      I’ll ask Terry Carter at the Ontario Library to check it out.

      Bev.

      From: Keith Emmons [mailto:keith2draw@...]
      Subject: [aloha-donblanding] Re: Northwest-Blanding

      Two libraries in California with this book:

      Ontario City Library
      Palos Verdes Library District

      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 26, 2001
        tj would be interested in learning more about Haiku and Tanka by Edithe....tj
        has been studying Haiku poetry for the last year and just started into
        reviewing modern Haiku poets.....DB definetely wasn't into Haiku as far as I
        can determine, but it is of interest that Edithe was.

        Also, tj has been studying the DB scrapbook found in Carmel and in it, are
        lists of Charpparel Poet members and some listing of a class with members in
        Glendale area...so Bev/Karen are you up to chasing down addresses??? The
        scrapbook contains info from 1943-1946, then stops......So, where is the next
        from scrapbook from 1946 on????
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 26, 2001
          Sure,
          I think there is a lot to find in Glendale area. That is where Armine
          VonTempsky-Ball is buried and I have asked Forest Lawn for information on her
          to see if I can find out more about her, DB and her husband Alfred Ball. Also
          the main library has a Research/History section that I want to investigate.
          To bad we didn’t start this a few years ago as the man that started this
          section died in 98. He may have had a lot to tell.
          Send the address my/our way , and as soon as I clean the files off the guest
          bed of DB stuff and visit the U of Riverside…it will be on top of the away
          research list.

          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 29, 2001
            Karon or Dean,

            Can you check on this book at the Palos Verdes Library to see if there is
            DB art or poetry in it. Terry at the Ontario Library said their copy is gone.

            Mahalo,

            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 29, 2001
              tj may have missed some of the dialogue recently, but tj has a copy of The
              Velvet Years. It has illustrations by DB and states so on the dust cover.
              The book was published in 1961. There are 8 illustrations......hope this
              helps....tj
            • bevbach@pacbell.net
              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 28, 2001
                Keith,

                Did you ever get this book,,,Velvet Years????

                Bev.

              • keith2draw@home.com
                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 28, 2001
                  Bev,