RE: [aloha-donblanding] Re: Northwest-Blanding

    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 25, 2001
      Keith,

      I’ll ask Terry Carter at the Ontario Library to check it out.

      Bev.

      From: Keith Emmons [mailto:keith2draw@...]
      Subject: [aloha-donblanding] Re: Northwest-Blanding

      Two libraries in California with this book:

      Ontario City Library
      Palos Verdes Library District

      > Velvet Years
      > by Stella Isenhower Flewelling, 64 pages
      > Swordsman Publishing Company, Los Angeles, 1961
      > (does not mention any illustrations)

    • Keith Emmons
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 25, 2001

        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 26, 2001
          tj would be interested in learning more about Haiku and Tanka by Edithe....tj
          has been studying Haiku poetry for the last year and just started into
          reviewing modern Haiku poets.....DB definetely wasn't into Haiku as far as I
          can determine, but it is of interest that Edithe was.

          Also, tj has been studying the DB scrapbook found in Carmel and in it, are
          lists of Charpparel Poet members and some listing of a class with members in
          Glendale area...so Bev/Karen are you up to chasing down addresses??? The
          scrapbook contains info from 1943-1946, then stops......So, where is the next
          from scrapbook from 1946 on????
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 26, 2001
            Sure,
            I think there is a lot to find in Glendale area. That is where Armine
            VonTempsky-Ball is buried and I have asked Forest Lawn for information on her
            to see if I can find out more about her, DB and her husband Alfred Ball. Also
            the main library has a Research/History section that I want to investigate.
            To bad we didn’t start this a few years ago as the man that started this
            section died in 98. He may have had a lot to tell.
            Send the address my/our way , and as soon as I clean the files off the guest
            bed of DB stuff and visit the U of Riverside…it will be on top of the away
            research list.

            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 29, 2001
              Karon or Dean,

              Can you check on this book at the Palos Verdes Library to see if there is
              DB art or poetry in it. Terry at the Ontario Library said their copy is gone.

              Mahalo,

              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 29, 2001
                tj may have missed some of the dialogue recently, but tj has a copy of The
                Velvet Years. It has illustrations by DB and states so on the dust cover.
                The book was published in 1961. There are 8 illustrations......hope this
                helps....tj
              • bevbach@pacbell.net
                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 28, 2001
                  Keith,

                  Did you ever get this book,,,Velvet Years????

                  Bev.

                • keith2draw@home.com
                  Message 8 of 11 , Feb 28, 2001
                    Bev,