New York Friends, part II

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 24, 2001
      Keith,

      Got a address or phone number in San Pedro for Karen Cotter ,Dean or I to
      follow up on? She may have family that we can talk with. We’ll have to look
      into the Museum of Calif. Design for DB, Vernon Kiln and Jane Bennison Howell
      now. I’ll add it to the list.

      Bev.

      IN MEMORIAM

      On Monday January 15, 2001 Jane Bennison Howell died in San Pedro,
      California, at the age of 88. Jane, who studied with Glen Lukens at
      the University of Southern California, worked at Vernon Kilns for
      several years in the late 1930's during which time the company
      produced a number of her distinctive designs. Jane's family has
      requested that tax-deductible donations in her name be made to:
      Museum of California Design, P.O. Box. 361730, Los Angeles,
      California.

      More information about Jane Bennison and Vernon Kilns will be found
      in "California Pottery: From Missions to Modernism" by Bill Stern,
      photographs by Peter Brenner, to be published in July, 2001 by
      Chronicle Books.

      ~~Keith

      eGroups Sponsor
      Get 3 CDs for ONLY $9.99!