Re: [aloha-donblanding] Re: New Leads

  • AhrSea@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 21, 2001
      If there is a photo of Don with his cats, or any of his pets, I have
      yet to see it

      .Thanks, Keith. Unlike another poet who is one of my favorites - Rod McKuen,
      who never misses an opportunity to be photographed with his cats.
      I love those lines in Vagabond's House where he mentions "On the gray stone
      hearth there'll be a mat/ For a scrappy, swaggering yellow cat/ With
      war-scarred face from a hundred fights/ With neighbor's cats on moonlight
      nights./ A wise old Tom who can hold his own/ And make my dogs let him alone."
      Of course, there aren't any lines in Vagabond's House that I don't treasure.