Re: Steamships to Honolulu - Bird of Paradise - KC

  • Keith Emmons
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 15, 2001
      Cadia,

      The Dec. 10-16, 1916 date fits with the time frame of being in
      Honolulu on Dec. 23, 1916...and I still think Blanding may have
      later assumed that he saw Lenore Ulrich, since she made the part
      famous.

      The Oct. 24-30, 1915 date does not fit at all. It can easily be
      understood if Blanding, years later, confused his age when he arrived.

      You said in the last message:

      > We know that DB was still at the Art Institute of Chicago in the
      > spring of 1915.

      He was actually there until the spring of 1916...those records are a
      fact, and I doubt we can dispute them, unless he came back to the
      mainland again after being in Hawaii after a year, which I doubt.

      I ordered the Dec. 1916 Honolulu Advertiser today, so we'll see if
      that yields any proof.

      ~~Keith