[aloha-donblanding] Petroglyph Press

  • TikiRoom18@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 17, 2000

      <<
      Some of Don Blanding's books are kept in print by Petroglyph Press. I wonder
      if they know anything about his copyrights.

      I have "Leaves From A Grass House" and "Paradise Loot" from Petrogylph Press
      in Hilo.. I understand they also printed a small edition of "Virgin Of
      Waikiki"... I'm not sure if they would know about copyrights, I always
      assumed the very reason PP put it out is because it was fair game, probably
      worth a call to Hilo tho, they may have done some research and there is no
      sense in re-inventing the wheel if someone's already dont the leg-work...
      also a florida printing company has put out a copy of "Floridays" and they
      are still in print with it. I got my copy of "Floridays" through Barnes &
      Noble but beware, this edition from florida is fraught with misprinted pages,
      I ordered twice and each one was messed up....

      Aloha
      larry
    • Keith Emmons
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 18, 2000
        > also a florida printing company has put out a copy of "Floridays"
        and they
        > are still in print with it. I got my copy of "Floridays" through
        Barnes &
        > Noble but beware, this edition from florida is fraught with
        misprinted pages,
        > I ordered twice and each one was messed up....

        Yes, I also had the same experience... ordered a copy from Barnes and
        Noble, and the entire reprint of Floridays was out of sequence. A real
        shame.

        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 18, 2000
          Keith,

          What edition of Floridays are you referring to? I have just purchased the new
          edition published by Peninsula Press in Cape Cod, MA, and it is very nicely
          done, with the DB illustrations tinted a lovely rust color. It also contains
          the poem "The Double Life," largely because Peninsula Press has the
          Margaritaville line of books. And we all know what Jimmy Buffett has done to
          attract new Blanding fans!

          The citations in my DB bibliography are:

          Floridays. Illus. by author. New York: Dodd, Mead & Company, 1941, 127 pp.
          (41-19388)

          Floridays. Illus. by author. Pt. Salerno, FL: Florida Classics Library, 1977,
          paper (Florida Classics Series reprint).

          I'll add the Peninsula Press edition to the list soon.

          ~~Cadia
          duchess@...
        • Keith Emmons
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 18, 2000
            > Keith,
            > What edition of Floridays are you referring to?

            Cadia,
            The Floridays (Florida Classics Series reprint, 1977) that I bought
            from Barnes & Noble in December had pages missing, and a section
            repeated.
            Buyers beware.
            Keith
          • TikiRoom18@aol.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 18, 2000

              << Cadia,
              The Floridays (Florida Classics Series reprint, 1977) that I bought
              from Barnes & Noble in December had pages missing, and a section
              repeated.
              Buyers beware.
              Keith

              Same one I got and sent back (TWICE!!!) Must be a complete batch misprint....

              Tiki
            • haven putnam
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 20, 2000
                Tiki:
                I know the owner of Fla classics and will inform him of the problem,
                please e-mail me at portofhaven@hotmail with your mailing address and will
                have him send you a new copy A.S.A.P.
                bob putnam

                >From: TikiRoom18@...
                >To: aloha-donblanding@egroups.com
                >Subject: [aloha-donblanding] Re: Petroglyph Press
                >Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 00:46:32 EST

                ><< Cadia,
                > The Floridays (Florida Classics Series reprint, 1977) that I bought
                > from Barnes & Noble in December had pages missing, and a section
                > repeated.
                > Buyers beware.
                > Keith
                > >>

                >Same one I got and sent back (TWICE!!!) Must be a complete batch
                >misprint....
                >

                >Tiki

                >FREE ADVICE FROM REAL PEOPLE! Xpertsite has thousands of experts who
                >are willing to answer your questions for FREE. Go to Xpertsite today and
                >put your mind to rest.

                >-- http://www.egroups.com/VoiceChatPage?listName=aloha-donblanding&m=1

              • Keith Emmons
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 26, 2000
                  > I know the owner of Fla classics and will inform him of the
                  problem,
                  > please e-mail me at portofhaven@hotmail with your mailing address and
                  will
                  > have him send you a new copy A.S.A.P.
                  > bob putnam

                  Bob,
                  I received a copy of Floridays from Port Salerno in the mail today.
                  Perfect condition too. Thank you so much for arranging that. It was
                  originally meant for my father as a Christmas present... now I can give
                  it to him.