[aloha-donblanding] Message Sequence

  • David W. Nicholas
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 29, 2000
      Help:

      Can someone tell me how to start reviewing messages from the most
      recent to the oldest, as opposed to the opposite? I've read and
      enjoyed them all, but would prefer to be able to check to see what has
      been added to the list since my last visit to the site than have to
      click through the lot to find the latest.

      As a Don Blanding fan of lesser scope and understanding, I find your
      interaction (indeed, your very existence as a group) fascinating. I'll
      be delighted to remain on the sidelines and enjoy the parade, even
      though I have found it necessary to modify the feature that brings
      every message into my mailbox.

      Thanks for allowing me to participate.

      Dave Nicholas
      Fairview, NC
    • Mary Repass-Friend
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 29, 2000
        Dave,
        Try clicking on the "Received" bar above the section that identifies when
        your email was received. One click should arrange it newest to oldest,
        another click should reverse it, oldest to newest. You probably
        accidentally clicked on one of the other sections, like "From" which would
        arrange it alphabetically, etc.

        Good luck,
        Mary R-F

        Can someone tell me how to start reviewing messages from the most
        recent to the oldest, as opposed to the opposite? I've read and
        enjoyed them all, but would prefer to be able to check to see what has
        been added to the list since my last visit to the site than have to
        click through the lot to find the latest.

        As a Don Blanding fan of lesser scope and understanding, I find your
        interaction (indeed, your very existence as a group) fascinating. I'll
        be delighted to remain on the sidelines and enjoy the parade, even
        though I have found it necessary to modify the feature that brings
        every message into my mailbox.

        Thanks for allowing me to participate.

        Dave Nicholas
        Fairview, NC

        Get what you deserve with NextCard Visa! Rates as low as 2.9%
        Intro or 9.9% Fixed APR, online balance transfers, Rewards Points,
        no hidden fees, and much more! Get NextCard today and get the
        credit youdeserve! Apply now! Get your NextCard Visa at:
        http://click.egroups.com/1/912/2/_/286501/_/949189717/

        -- Create a poll/survey for your group!
        -- http://www.egroups.com/vote?listname=aloha-donblanding&m=1
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 29, 2000
          Dave,

          When viewing the messages on the website, rather than in your e-mail,
          those with the highest number(s) are the most recent. Dates are
          provided on the right-hand side of the page.

          If you prefer to view by "thread," just click that choice at the top of
          any message screen.

          If the order were reversed, the answers would appear before the
          questions, so I guess you'll just have to make a mental note of what
          date you last visited. For most of us, it seems to be a daily
          event.... :)

          ~~Cadia
        • Bill McMurray
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 30, 2000
            Thanks, Mary
            for the info you passed on to Dave regarding the 'received' bar. I've had
            my computer since last August and was not aware of that possibility.

            Cadia,
            I read the DB letter you posted. It's great! I have in my possession a
            book of poems that was published in 1931. The poet was a 'friend of a
            friend' of my mother's named William Sydney Neilan. I only bring this up
            here because he seemed to share Don's opinion of the critics. The last
            half of the last poem in his book reads like this:

            Not for mansion, not for gold,
            Not for transient touch of fame
            Have I written lines so bold
            My inner urgings were to blame