Don Blanding In Carmel

  • JoAnna Koskinen
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 6, 2000
      Hello,

      My name is JoAnna Blanding-Koskinen, and I have been in touch- off
      and on - with Curt, who has informed me that there will be a show this
      month. I would very much like to attend, but because I'm in the middle
      stages of preparing for a show here in Sonoma County (I'm a
      Photographer), I'm not sure if I can make it. Could you please contact
      me and give me some information on the dates, times, and an invitation?
      It would be much appreciated.
      Also, are there available books in Barnes and Noble or through
      Amazon that I might be able to get a hold of on the history of Don
      Blanding?

      My email address is: jbkoskin@... . Any help will be much
      appreciated.

      thanks

      jbk
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 6, 2000
        JoAnna....

        Welcome back to the list! The exhibit in Carmel opens with a
        reception on Sept. 20 and then continues for 6 weeks. Tom Markle
        (aka TJ) is the one to contact. Hope you can free up some time to
        visit Carmel!

        Meanwhile, the exhibit at the Museum of the Great Plains in Lawton,
        Oklahoma, continues through October 15.

        I hope that anyone able to visit one or both will take pictures and
        share with the group. Definitely at the reception in Carmel -- I
        wanna see some faces to go with the e-mail addies!

        No books about Don Blanding exist -- that's one of main reasons this
        website came into being. We keep hoping that Dr. Lovell's book will
        materialize, but so far...nothing!

        JoAnna, Curt and Donna -- a Wisconsin researcher has offered to pull
        copies of marriage records for 7 Blandings in Polk and other
        counties. Not DB's direct line, but several of the names look
        familiar. Will let you know what I get.

        By the way, I am assuming that all members of this group can view
        the "Members" list to get e-mail addresses for any private
        communication. As moderator of the group, I can "see" everything, so
        if there's a section you can't access, please let me know.

        To those who are new to the list, welcome...and, Jerry, it's great to
        have you back! Lots of photos and other stuff have been added to the
        Files and Database, to say nothing of passing 1600 messages (gold
        star to Jim W.!).

        ~~Cadia

        duchess @...