  • Beverly Leinbach
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 4 8:48 AM
      Jim Whiteley,

      On Aug. 25th, you mentioned a list of personal property that DB had given
      to Edythe Genee. Have you gone over that list yet and is possible to get a
      copy of it?

      http://profiles.msn.com
    • Jim Whiteley
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 5 12:16 PM
        Bev,
        In his will Don wrote:
        "I give the following property to the following persons:
        All my books, original drawings, bric-a-brac, art objects, including
        my art, technical and nature magazines and my moonstone ring, to
        EDYTHE HOPE GENEE.
        It is my desire that she distribute certain keepsakes to persons
        indicated on a list I have given her or as she may determine, as she
        knows my wishes."

        As far as I know we don't have that list. As for things specifically
        mentioned in the Will, she also received his office and studio
        equipment but it's not anymore detailed than that.
        She did, however, send a list to Mr. R.D. Bennett at Security-First
        National Bank of Los Angeles (the Bank was appointed Executor of the
        Will)August 8, 1957.
        1 Underwood Electric Typewriter
        1 Stenorette Dictating machine
        1 Speed-O-Print Mimeograph
        1 Spencer photograph enlarger
        2 Roll-a-Dex card files
        2 Drawing Boards
        Misc. books, correspondence file, stationery, envelopes and
        office supplies
        personal property:
        moonstone ring, watch, cuff links, and misc. articles of clothing
        "The property located at the above address [1154 No. Ogden] is owned
        by me. Mr. Blanding had lived here for the past ten years, off and
        on, and had used all of my furniture etc. except for the items listed
        above."
        I know this isn't the list you were asking about, hopefully it will
        turn up someplace.
        Jim

        --- In aloha-donblanding@egroups.com, "Beverly Leinbach"
        <bevbach@h...> wrote:
        > Jim Whiteley,
        >
        > On Aug. 25th, you mentioned a list of personal property that DB
        had given
        > to Edythe Genee. Have you gone over that list yet and is possible
        to get a
        > copy of it?
        >
        > Bev.

        > http://profiles.msn.com
      • Allen Dayton
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 7 7:51 PM
          Jim! We are stopping in Lawton on our way to the west coast and plan
          to be in Lawton on Friday, the 22 of September. I do hope the Museum
          is open and the Don Blanding Exhibit is available to view. I am
          looking forward to seeing what you guys have done. Please let me
          know
          the hours that the exhibit is open and if there is any problems with
          our schedule.
        • Jim Whiteley
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 8 6:31 AM
            Allen,
            So glad to hear you'll be able to make it to Lawton! The exhibit
            is up through October 15. We are open 8-5 Tues.-Fri., 10-6 Sat., and
            1-6 Sun. I'll let Debby know that you will be here. If you would
            like to spend some time in the archives you might want to drop her
            line at mgp @..., I'm not sure what her schedule is.
            Looking forward to meeting you, have a safe trip.
            Jim