Re: [aloha-donblanding] Re: New Clues

  • Beverly Leinbach
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 3, 2000
      Well........,

      I had a nice visit on the phone with Don Blanding old-neighbor from
      Carmel. His Mom was actually friendly with Don and Bill only spoke to him
      once or twice before going of to the Army in 1941. The house I originally
      took pictures of in Carmel is his and he lived there from 1937-41. He said
      Don was a "good Neighbor, friendly and had a lot friend". His son Wally
      lives in the house now.
      Asked if Don had given them any of his art work. He said he (DB) gave a
      lot of it away in Carmel and he would look and ask Wally to look in the old
      Carmel house. His house was built by 2 concert pianists and they had 2
      grand pianos in the living room...why it is so large.
      So, I'll keep in contact with him...who know what he might remember or
      find around the house. I'll also check with the folks across the street
      from DB/Al's house, they also knew DB.

    • Keith Emmons
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 3, 2000
        Thanks Cadia.

        Hello all,
        I just scored a 1st edition "Stowaways in Paradise" (Cosmopolitan)
        in super condition...so I'm selling my other copy on ebay. The one
        I'm selling is the first Dodd, Mead & Company version (1938)...and it
        has a nice multi-colored cover.

        Here is the link:
        http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400552425

        Take care everyone...it's almost the weekend!
        KEITH :o)
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 4, 2000
          Good stuff Bev....keep digging....tj off line until late monday nite...