Re: [aloha-donblanding] Baldwin

  • MauiBandB@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 2, 2000
      My guess is he met Armine in Honolulu or Maui as he was he socialite, and she
      was socially up there status wise.
      Was Esther Baldwin York from Maui?
      aloha
      Maui Tom
    • Beverly Leinbach
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 2, 2000
        Maui Tom,

        I have wondered about Baldwin York for a long time. Was she part of the
        Pasadena Baldwin's and did they own the large ranch on Maui? Had hoped you
        knew something about the Baldwin's of Maui ranch.

      • Keith Emmons
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 3, 2000
          Don Blanding met Armine von Tempski in New York City in 1928...at a
          publishing party that had been thrown for both of them.

          Armine describes the amusing meeting in the special edition of the
          Carmel Pine Cone (March 5, 1937) on page 21 "Something of An Event".

          Keith
        • MauiBandB@aol.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 3, 2000
            Bev

            Regarding Baldwin's gotta ask my mom. She knows the entire mele on the
            family.
            Will get back to you

            aloha
            Tom
          • Beverly Leinbach
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 25, 2000
              Maui Tom,

              Have you had a chance to talk with your Mom about the Baldwins? Is there
              a bio. on them somewhere?

              Bev

              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 25, 2000
                Sorry bev didn't ask. Will find out if there is a bio. If your really
                anxious the Hawaiian Mission Museum might be a source since all Missionary
                Families are members. http://www.hcc.hawaii.edu/artweb/mission/mission.html
              • Beverly Leinbach
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 26, 2000
                  Thanks Maui Tom,

                  I'll spend some time looking through this site. Just finished 'Born in
                  Paradise'. 'Aloha' is nest. Still haven't found a used 'Ripe Breadfruit',
                  may have to get a new one.