Re: [aloha-donblanding] Re: Interview with Wassmer

  • tjklfort@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 2, 2000
      have the invitations for the show gone out yet?
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 2, 2000
        tj and Don are meeting with the Carmel Heritage Society on Monday Aug
        7th to finalize the invitations and some other things....I understand they
        won't send out invitations to the show until about 2-3 weeks before the show.
        tj will be taking a list of egroup members to give to Heritage Society to
        include in the mailing. They will charge $10 per person as their fund
        raising effort for those actually attending.
        Those on the egroup that have any specific information about DB after
        WW2 and Carmel might comment on it. This is an area that gets a bit cloudy
        in terms of his actual residences, etc. The Carmel people are of course
        interested in what he did in Carmel and are holding a tight line on that.
        Anyone not on the invitation mailing list should get back to me ASAP, as
        tj will be in the Carmel/Monterey area starting Friday and I will be off line
        until next Tuesday. tj would also like to know who will actually be
        attending as we can get together a bit before the show to meet each other. I
        can always email Carmel for any late comers as needed up until they actually
        mail.
        NERVOUS - You bet.....What if only 3 people show??? tj is better off
        speaking to 100 people rather than 3.....Thanks to all who helped with this
        venture, a special thanks to Jake and Curt that helped with the photo
        gallery.......and Keith that will design the poster (very shortly).
        Hopefully, this pays off in gathering more info on DB than we have or knew
        about....
      • MauiBandB@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 2, 2000
          Tj

          Is some one capable doing PR? There is a renowned Maui Writers Conference
          here in late august. The PR person for this event is Linda Mather. Maybe
          she can somehow get the word out to attendees or invitations inserted in
          their registration packets? her e mail is lmathero@.... Just an idea?
          Definitely press release should be sent to Honolulu Star Bulletin (attn Wayne
          Harada as well as news desk), Maui News(Liz Janes, Ron Youngblood, and news
          desk), Honolulu Advertiser (Ben Wood and News Desk), Hawaiian Airlines
          inflight magazine (might be too late). Ron Jacobs (no address Tj, Cadia or
          Keith might have). Send to Bishop Museum ask Desoto Brown to deliver to
          appropriate source.
          Also to Harry B. Soria he can mention on Territorial Airwaves
          (Harry_Soria@...) Also Aloha Joe at Alohajoe.com.
          Hope this helps to get you more than two! Might be nice to include the
          Lawton Exhibit as part of the press release never hearts to "spread the
          Aloha" as we say.

          aloha
          Maui Tom
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 3, 2000
            Maui Tom: I'll see what Don and I can do with your PR suggestions. SO MUCH
            WORK, SO LITTLE TIME.....
          • pgbusi@aol.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 3, 2000
              What dates in September?
              Aloha, Dean
            • MauiBandB@aol.com
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 3, 2000
                I hear you TJ I gave you wrong information on the Maui Writers conference.
                The contact is Barbara Santos at Santos PR. Santos@....

                good luck

                aloha
                Tom