photopoint images now open

  • dd17th@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 26, 2000
      There is currently one photo in the Don Blanding album, which I
      opened. Cadia, thanks a lot for the help. I now have a "sticky
      note" added to the image, "Copyright by..." My scanner software,
      Paperport, is very accomodating ! It's fine with me to make a link
      from this eGroup directly to my Photopoint account. Let's work on
      that. {:-Deb
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 26, 2000
        Actually, there are now 3, plus some early-day Oklahoma images.

        I've added a link to the Photopoint albums on our Links page and will
        add one to my own website tonight. You can also access the albums at

        http://www.photopoint.com

        by typing in the e-mail address

        mgp@ sirinet.net

        in the "find an album" slot on the left side of the Photopoint home
        page.

        The sale of these (and many more!) photos should really bring in
        revenue to the museum.

        I really like the photo of DB c. 1905 -- notice he loved big, floppy
        hats even then!

        Thanks, Deb, for all your work!

        ~~Cadia
      • Keith Emmons
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 27, 2000
          Deb,

          Great photos! If you have any of Don with friends like Edythe Hope
          Genee and the Sawtelles, that would be great. Also, any photos of him
          from world war I, or at least that time period ...I'm still trying to
          positively identify Don in a Camp Grant photo I bought on ebay.

          I'm saving up for copies of several of the pics.

          Keith
        • dd17th@aol.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 28, 2000
            Keith - There are now ten photos in the DB gallery album at mgp @
            sirinet.net . I haven't seen the Sawtelles in our negatives, but
            there are probably some pics of them in Edythe's photo albums. There
            are quite a few of Milton Wassmer in uniform (WWII). The photos I
            have personally seen for the 1910s have not been of his "war years".
            But again, we have photo albums of images and some might be in
            there. I included my personal favorite of Edythe - it's in the
            exhibit too. Glad you're enjoying the images {:-Deb

            --- In aloha-donblanding@egroups.com, "Keith Emmons"
            <keith2draw@e...> wrote:
            > Deb,
            >
            > Great photos! If you have any of Don with friends like Edythe Hope
            > Genee and the Sawtelles, that would be great. Also, any photos of
            him

            > Keith
          • Allen Dayton
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 31, 2000
              I must be dumb but I can not get the Photopoint album to come up.
              There is no "find an album" slot that I can see. There is a "Visit
              Albums" slot and I typed in it "mgp @ sirinet.net" and all I get is
              an
              error message. What am I missing?

              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 31, 2000
                Allen,

                "Visit album" is the correct term; Photopoint changed it awhile back.
                You need to take the space out of the e-mail address. (When citing an
                e-mail address in these messages, it's necessary to add a space to
                make it appear completely.)

                Photopoint has also been experiencing some downtime, such that one
                can access the home page and the forums, but not albums. It seems
                fine now.

                In the Links section of our eGroups website, you will also find a
                direct link to the museum's Photopoint albums.

                ~~Cadia
              • dd17th@aol.com
                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 1, 2000
                  Allen - you can also get to the museum's Photopoint albums through
                  the museum's web page, www. museumgreatplains. org (squish all the
                  words and periods together)
                  I put a link on the first page for folks.
                  {:-Deb

                  --- In aloha-donblanding@egroups.com, "Allen Dayton" <adayton@e...>

                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 1, 2000
                    Thanks, Deb... you've just reminded me that I have not yet placed a
                    link to the museum's website on my own website. Will do tonight.

                    Just a quick note to everyone:

                    This message board accepts complete URLs that become hyperlinks but e-
                    mail addresses will be truncated so only the first part is visible.
                    This board is public, and this is eGroups' way of protecting
                    privacy. So the work-around is to put a space in the address. It
                    will not become a hyperlink, but at least you'll be able to see the
                    whole address. Then you can write it down or copy/paste -- just be
                    sure to close up the hole before you actually send a message.

                    Examples:

                    duchess @...

                    http://www.speakeasy.org/~duchess

                    mgp @...