[aloha-donblanding] 'Stars' Blanding

  • Keith Emmons
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 27, 2000
      By-the-way, came across an interesting reference to Blanding today, in
      of all places an issue of the magazine "Sky & Telescope" (Feb95, Vol.89
      Issue 2, p96)
      Quotes four lines from his poem, 'Leaves from a Grass-House, 1923

      Oh, the Southern Cross hangs above my door
      And the moon flings silver on the floor,
      While the surf makes thunder along the beach
      And the rainbow's end is within my reach.

      It's an article which recounts the stargazing experience of the author
      and his wife in Haleakala Crater on the island of Maui.
      -Keith