family

  • Jim Whiteley
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 25, 2000
      Well, I found some information on Don' immediate family.

      H.R.'s obit is in the June 25, 1921 "Lawton Consitution"
      H.R. died June 13, 1921 in Honolulu. He Ida and Jim had moved there
      in May '21. An operation revealed a tumor affecting his bladder and
      stomach. Ida and Jim were still living.

      "The Daily Republican", Lawton, Thursday February 6, 1902
      Don's brother Hugh Walter died that day at 2 pm from pneumonia.
      He was born October 18, 1882. The funeral and burial were to be held
      at the Presbyterian church in Enid.

      Cadia, I created a sub-folder under Obituaries for family. I've add
      these two, but since I've not done it before, let me know if there
      are problems.
      Both give an idea of how well the family was thought of.

      The only record I've come across for Enid cemetaries is from a list
      compiled by the Garfield County Geneologist in 1997.
      "Enid Cemetary Vol. 1"
      "BLANDING, Jessie BACON"
      died: 1899 buried: April 10, 1899
      grave location: original section, block P.L10

      Any ideas about the BACON?

      Have to go, more later...
      Jim
    • Keith Emmons
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 26, 2000
        Jim,

        Thank you for revealing some details we've all been wondering about
        for awhile. I had heard rumors that the Blanding's had gone to
        Hawaii...that means that Don must have returned from his Central
        American trip before May. I think he was already working for the
        Charles R. Frazier advertising company when he sent for the family.

        My records show that Jessie Blanding died on April 6, 1899. So she
        was buried four days later.

        Good work Jim.