Re: [aloha-donblanding] Re: Kansas City Times - Bird of Paradise

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 21, 2000
      Keith, tj will copy and send you what info I did get from Enid. There is
      some repitious material but also some new info in there. Most important one
      is an old photo of DB when he was 16 that DB signed off as being "first
      vagabond jaunt" signed with his little bird and so I assume DB signed this
      picture at a much later date and the photo was given to someone in Enid on a
      visit? I will assume that there is an original photo there in Enid
      somewhere. I didn't think that this photo was from the newspaper, unless
      there was a special edition or something. Some discussion of DB donating
      many of his original drawing to Enid. Some discussion of the creation of the
      original DB poetry group in 1945. Lots of newpaper accountings of DB coming
      into Enid to speak with dates/times etc. Accountings of book publishing and
      many references to DB living in Carmel. Also, Keith, I will include the
      other material you have been wanting as I mail it off to you. My music
      should be back this weekend also and I will get the info off it for
      you...............tj
    • dd17th@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 21, 2000
        Jean - I'm Deb from the Museum of the Great Plains. I saw your
        message to Jim about the Aunt Sarah Hudson photo. Since the photo
        archives fall under my control, I thought I'd tell you how to order.
        There is a negative already made, so if you wish to receive a copy
        print, all you have to do is tell me what size (a 5x7 print is $8.00,
        and one 8x10 is $12.00). The photo number is 91-P13:216 - keep that
        number handy! We charge $5.00 for shipping and handling. You can
        contact me at work at mgp@... Tell me if you're interested.
        {:-Deb

        --- In aloha-donblanding@egroups.com, "Jean Sargent" <mahalo@w...>
        wrote:

> [...]