[aloha-donblanding] "Whistled Like A Bird" on ebay

  • TikiRoom18@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 27, 2000
      Just to let all know that there is a copy of "Whistled Like A Bird" on ebay
      at this URL:

      http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=247486587

      What makes this intersting is that the seller has graciously included a
      candid picture of DB on the display page... for folks that are used to seeing
      DB dressed snazzily in his bookplate pictures, this is a rather casual
      shot... by the way, this book concerns the life of DB's wife Dorothy Putnam,
      George Putnam and Amelia Earhart...

      Isnt this book still in print? The edition here is a 1997 printing...and I am
      not the bookseller or the booksellers son.... :-)

      Aloha
      Larry
    • Mary Repass-Friend
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 27, 2000
        "Whistled Like a Bird" must be hard to find right now?

        The subject came up just today! I am looking forward to hearing Sally
        Chapman speak at an event on March 9th here in Florida. I'm with the group
        that has requested her (I suggested her and they jumped at it!), to speak
        for "Woman's History Month", at Kennedy Space Center, etc, etc. The
        Chairman of our committee, today asked if she could borrow my copy of the
        book so she could read it before Sally gets here, (so she can introduce
        her). She couldn't find it to buy it. She'd inquired at all the book store
        chains and couldn't even ORDER the book? It's hard to believe that it is
        already out of print. No doubt all it will take is a little demand to put I
        back out there.

        Cadia, I too wish to thank you for getting this started. Since the group's
        emails started, I've been glued to my computer. (Avoiding all kinds of "need
        to's"). I'm falling in love with Don Blanding all over again. He seems to
        fit into "our" time more than his own time. He was certainly ahead of his.
        Maybe we need him more now in this complicated, technical, crazy fast world?
        The more I learn the more I love him. He has become a slow addiction of
        mine. He made such magic with words, not to mention his other talents seem
        unending.

        By the way, trading among this group is a great idea. I've got extra
        copies of several books. I am hot and cold on letting go of them. Even
        maybe trading some? I have an extra Don Blanding LP (TWELVE VAGABOND POEMS)
        I'd LOVE to trade for a copy of PARADISE LOOT?
        Staying tuned,
        Mary R-F

        Just to let all know that there is a copy of "Whistled Like A Bird" on ebay
        at this URL:

        http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=247486587

        What makes this intersting is that the seller has graciously included a
        candid picture of DB on the display page... for folks that are used to
        seeing
        DB dressed snazzily in his bookplate pictures, this is a rather casual
        shot... by the way, this book concerns the life of DB's wife Dorothy Putnam,
        George Putnam and Amelia Earhart...

        Isnt this book still in print? The edition here is a 1997 printing...and I
        am
        not the bookseller or the booksellers son.... :-)

        Aloha
        Larry

        http://click.egroups.com/1/749/2/_/286501/_/949016265/

        eGroups.com Home: http://www.egroups.com/group/aloha-donblanding/
      • Curt Blanding
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 27, 2000
          I checked at Amazon.com and they have it for $22. "usually ships in 24 hours"

          http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0446520551/qid%3D949018759/102-
          3154934-0003209

          Mary Repass-Friend wrote:.

          >"Whistled Like a Bird" must be hard to find right now?

          Curt :-)
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 27, 2000
            Hi,

            I juest checked Advanced Book Exchange (ABE); many booksellers have Whistled Like a Bird in their inventories. Just go to:

            http://www.abebooks.com/

            I believe I put a link to their Search Engine in the Links section of this website. Also tried Bookfinder.com but came up blank.

            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 28, 2000
              In the last few months I ordered a copy of Whistled Like a Bird over
              Amazon.com, it was the only place I was able to actually order the book. No
              one else even had it on their register of books.