[aloha-donblanding] Who's where? Do we want to do a live chat? Other housekeeping...

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 25, 2000
      Hi, everyone....

      I believe we lost a few people when this list revved up again
      tonight...again if anyone finds the volume of e-mail a bit much,
      there's always web-only or digest. Each member can make the switch at
      will...or you can e-mail me off-list and I can change settings.

      However, please remember that, contrary to popular opinion, I do not go
      24/7 on this ol' computer!

      For the next few weeks I'll be busy with shows in Tacoma and San
      Antonio, so I may not be available to oversee changes.

      Meanwhile, I hope you'll update your user profiles, and maybe give us
      some indication of which time zone you're in. If anyone is interested,
      maybe we can squeeze in a live chat if we can coordinate time zones.
      For one, I can watch the Super Bowl and be in a chat room at the same
      time, meanwhile sticking labels on just-washed glass... doesn't
      everyone multi-task? :)

      Tim, how do you get messages into Archives? I know you set up your
      Vernonware list that way -- the rest of you guys do know about Tim's VK
      website, yes?? -- and I can't figure out if eGroups can do the same.

      Bev, I'll try getting hold of Dr. Lovell before I go to Tacoma...could
      be I can get more info about the book. Thanks for the tip...I figured
      the source right.

      Keith, I'll be in Denver come July...

      All of you, feel free to invite your friends to join us here. Do I
      hear any motions for an annual meeting on Maui?

      Aloha and mahalo....

      ~~Cadia
    • Curt Blanding
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 26, 2000
        Cadia wrote:

        >Do I hear any motions for an annual meeting on Maui?
        >
        >Aloha and mahalo....

        I'm planning to visit Tom on Maui Mar 25-28. Anyone else interested?
        I'll bring my Blanding genealogy stuff. It would be fun to gather
        around in the evening and do Don Blanding readings.

        Curt
      • MauiBandB@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 26, 2000
          Sounds like fun. Just call us at 800 305 4899 if you need reservations at
          the Inn. We will extend a Blanding rate. When on Island our Tel # is 808
          244-5897

          aloha
          tom and Janice
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 30, 2000
            Just added a few links ... including one to Tom and Janice's place.
            Tried out their "Hawaiian Music" link ... sampled some slack key guitar
            and other goodies. Gabby Pahinui, the Breamer Bros., Kalama's Quartet
            ... oh, dear, now I am in trouble! Or rather my credit card is...

            Any fellow mainlanders want a bit of paradise or sunshine in your
            winter-blahs life? Check it out!

            Speaking of links, if any of you have a website or sell on eBay or
            other auction sites, please feel free to add a link here. It does not
            have to be Blanding-related. Likewise, if you have favorite websites
            that would be of special interest to Blanding collectors (Hawaii,
            California, Taos NM, Florida, etc.), please let us know.

            Aloha,

            ~~Cadia
          • MauiBandB@aol.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 30, 2000
              Dear Cadia

              Thanks for sharing your experience at our web page The Old Wailuku Inn at
              Ulupono (www.mauiinn.com) with the group. And thanks for visiting and
              spending at Cord International website for Hawaiian Musice.
              We had a lot of fun putting our site together. Any suggestions are welcomed.
              We had even more fun developing the project. And now we have fun running
              it. However we don't get many Don Blanding fans, at least not before they
              stay with us. At turndown we have the Vagabond's House book to share in each
              room so I think we may be making an impact in interest.
              Look for us on the Travel Channels Best Places to Kiss TV. We are featured
              occasionally throughout US and Canada on the Maui special. Excerpts from My
              Old Hawaiian Garden are read as they fade in and out on our rooms and
              grounds. you get see Janice as she is interviewed extensively they said she
              was a natural they show my okole in the beginning so the rest of me made the
              cutting floor I guess.
              aloha
              Tom and Janice