A Grand Time Living

  • Tom Harrington
    Message 1 of 3 , May 23, 2000
      What a great find!! Our family took a trip over to Ft. Bragg this past weekend. While all the guys were out abalone diving some of us girls headed to town. At a lowly little used book store I of course went straight to the section where I could find DB. Lo and behold - an autographed 1950 edition (is this a 1st edition?) of A Grand Time Living. I snatched it up in a heartbeat. I had to start reading it on the way back to the campground! It could very well be the highlight of the weekend for me!

      Gayle

    • Keith Emmons
      Message 2 of 3 , May 24, 2000
        Gayle,
        That is a great find! I love walking into a small book store and
        finding a Blanding Book... it makes my day.
        Keith
      • tjmarkle@earthlink.net
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 6, 2005
          The Dust Cover review of a Grand Time Living mentions that there is a new portrait frontispiece in half-tone, taken especially for this volume. One would assume that the portrait might have been taken in 1949 or 1950 given what is stated. tj