[aloha-donblanding] Re: Blanding Bibliography

  • MauiBandB@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 25, 2000
      The production of 1928 was for the Junior League of Honolulu. My aunt was in
      it so my mom told me. Unfortunately she passed three years ago. My mom was
      only 9 years old so doesn't have details. Keith the other songs are the ones
      you mentioned I believe. TJ you may want to ask Maile Yardley she might
      remember. I got pictures taken of them for Hula Moons Restaurant. So Bill
      Boyd has them in his files somewhere.
      I always thought that R. Alex anderson had Don's help with Haole Hula. The
      lyrics are so poetic like the lovely blue of skies and saphire of ocean... I
      know the reason why fair hawaii haunts me so... I hear the swish of rain as
      it sweeps down the valley.. I hear the song of wind as it winds through the
      trees...Crash of waves on rocks and beaches... and the hissing surf and the
      boom of the sea...Many shades of green from the plains to the mountains...
      with all the brightest hues that the rainbow we are blessed...
      I like that song as you gathered.

      aloha
      Tom