95[aloha-donblanding] Re: DB

  • haven putnam
    Jan 24, 2000
      Dear Larry
      I have to say that in the last year what I unearthed on Don has
      to a large degree changed my life. Firstly Don was genuinely a wonderful,
      caring, compassionate person. What amazed me the most was his ability to
      forgive those who had wronged him , one of those people happened to be my
      great aunt Dorothy. They had been close friends for over twenty years before
      they married. Dorothy had just survived an abusive marriage and had suffered
      both emotional and physical abuse. To this Don in Floridays tells her ( pg
      10 )" For I would heal old hurts with loveliness, and soothe my eyes with
      color's bright caress, With sunsets arched behind tall lonely palms."
      Unfortunately things didn't turn our the way they planned. Don was a merry
      prankster and Dorothy was the crayon heiress, not the most suitable match,
      in retrospect. Don it seems had held a torch for her from the first day he
      met her in Bend OR. He dedicated Vagabond house to her and one of Dorothys
      acquaintances believed that she was his rowdy duchess. With all that he
      invested in the relationship you would think he would be bitter when the
      relationship soured, Don genuinely forgive her and the family that had
      mistreated him. I don't have time at this moment to go into more details,
      but I can say that I have been touched by his forgiveness and in turn his
      love., whatever moral vices he may have had are irrelevant !!!!!
      Take care: Haven