857Re: [aloha-donblanding] Monterey Herald Article

  • mailek23@aol.com
    May 2, 2000
      Thanks to all of you,
      Don Blanding was my mothers favorite poet and artist....as a child she would
      make me memorize excerpts from "Vagabonds House" before I could
      play....Truthfully, I resented him so much!!!!
      However,now as an adult....I'm so greatful.
      My mom always loved the islands so much,when we returned to the
      mainland.....she wanted to keep the legands and traditions alive for me too.
      How much I enjoyed yesterday when I think (Tom) told everyone it was "Lie
      Day".....My mom has now passed,But would have so much enjoyed the
      "Aloha-Donblanding"
      I just wanted to thank you....for all the insight and the info about such an
      incredible,artist and poet....who had such a big part in my childhood.
      Aloha to you all,
      Lisa Mai-le
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic