547[aloha-donblanding] Re: A question for the group

  • Beverly Leinbach
    Mar 5, 2000
      Maui Tom,
      Have you ever heard/read: Mele of Yesterday's Men?

      Reason:
      Hal and I had a fun and busy day yesterday. To start off, we went to the
      Glendale Library and got the 33 1/3 record...I Remember Blanding,
      as Narrated by Paul Page and his Paradise Music, with special guest poet and
      narrator Edythe Hope Genee'.
      The above title is the last recording and states it is a chant but I don't
      know if DB wrote it or not. In the recording they say when it is something
      Paul Page or Edythe Genee' has composed.
      I have it copied on tape if anyone wants a copy........it has Hawaiian
      music background. I think Dave Ballard must have heard it as his tape is
      similar but with more feeling.
      SIDE ONE:
      Leaves From My Grass House
      Bright Ecstacy
      Maui Chimes (Sam Koki,steel guitar)(Poem by Paul Page)
      Where Now, Vagabond? (poem by Edythe Hope Genee')
      Vagabond's House
      SIDE TWO:
      The Meaning of ALOHA OE
      Leis for Remembrance
      Drums Mark The End
      Baby Street
      Glamour's Gone (Narration by Edythe Hope Genee')
      By Now
      Mele of Yesterday's Men (A chanted Story)

      There is a memo on the back from Paradise Music Corp. "Here is Blanding
      at his best, recorded by those who knew kim best".