531[aloha-donblanding] Re: No Subject

    Mar 1, 2000
      from tj, does this conversation take us back to DB's poem, The Double Life.
      Seems to be present in all of DB's social engagements. Whatever DB was, he
      was, it doesn't detract from his art, his work, his existence, it was just
      him as a person perhaps struggling with the ever present question we all
      struggle with, "Who the hell am I"? Where do I belong? Do I or should I
      have some roots, a place of safety for myself? I think that DB's personal
      life is so difficult to unravel because of his personal secrets, things that
      in his day were not socially acceptable, he struggled with. tj
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic