511[aloha-donblanding] Re: I found my cache

    Feb 28, 2000
      Gerald, I'm awstruck at the info you have presented. There is so little
      personalized information about DB. I note that in interviewing Kay at the
      Carmel Library (she met DB as a teenager), she said he was so personable and
      likeable. She did not recognize him as a famous person at that time, but
      remembered his friendliness. This is the wonderful part of DB that shines in
      his work. Thanks for the contribution. I have copied your email but would
      not use it per your request. I know so little about DB in Oregon. Its
      interesting to see how content he seemed there. I can feel the
      Blandingmobile firing up for a trip to Oregon this summer. I've been through
      Bend before but just passing, not stopping.....time for some history lessons
      about Bend...
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic