      From: aloha-donblanding@yahoogroups.com <aloha-donblanding@yahoogroups.com> on behalf of Karen Cotter <doggydan@...>
      Sent: Tuesday, December 10, 2013 8:14 AM
      To: aloha-donblanding@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [aloha-donblanding] Huntington Library cache

      WOW, THANK YOU FOR THE "BOOK REPORT", TJ. THIS WAS REALLY INTERESTING! A BIT OF A GRIM CONTEMPLATION AS TO THE FATE OF ALL THOSE MARVELOUS BUT MISSING ARTWORK PIECES. ONE CAN ONLY IMAGINE WHERE SOME OF THEM MIGHT BE LANGUISHING AND THE INEVITABLE DESTRUCTION OF MANY BY HEIRS OF THOSE TO WHOM HE "BEQUEATHED" HIS WORK AT THE TIME....FOUND IN CLOSETS, BASEMENTS, AMONGST OTHER SUCH PAPERWORK INEVITABLY LEFT BEHIND BY AT LEAST HALF OF HIS RECIPIENTS BY THEIR POST MORTEM "CLEANER-UPPERS" AND VIEWED AS "THIS OLD JUNK" OR "THIS OLD POSTER"....SLIGHTLY YELLOWED FROM IMPROPER CARE AND USED UNDER SOMEONE'S CAT'S DISH OF TUNA WITHIN THE MONTH.

      AS AN OLD ESTATE SALE HABITUE IN MY YOUNGER YEARS, I KNOW WHEREOF I SPEAK.

      I SURE AM FOLLOWING YOUR LATEST DIG WITH INTEREST...THANK GOODNESS YOU ARE FUNNY, INTELLIGENT, LITERATE AND SURELY QUALIFIED TO BE THE "INVESTIGATOR" AND I HOPE I LIVE LONG ENOUGH TO READ THE RESULT! OR CAN STILL READ BY THEN, HA HA.

      KAREN C