4901Re: [aloha-donblanding] Digest Number 1268

  • MICHAEL BROOKMAN
    Dec 8, 2013
      Very interesting! Good luck with the project and thanks for letting us know! michael

      From: "aloha-donblanding@yahoogroups.com" <aloha-donblanding@yahoogroups.com>
      To: aloha-donblanding@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sunday, December 8, 2013 6:32 AM
      Subject: [aloha-donblanding] Digest Number 1268

      Aloha, Don Blanding Collectors Society

      1 New Message

      Digest #1268
      1
      Unpublished manuscript by "tjmarkle2005" tjmarkle2005

      Message

      Sat Dec 7, 2013 5:33 pm (PST) . Posted by:

      "tjmarkle2005" tjmarkle2005

      I own the original of DB's unpublished manuscript, "No Strings on Tomorrow." I always thought Dodd-Mead refused publication of it, then DB died. I find in my Huntington Library letters that I have received, several letters from Dodd-Mead, stating that they were going to publish this book. However, due to Don's death, the book was not completed by him. Instead, Edythe Hope Genee' took it upon herself to research DB's Religious Science lectures and included them into the book verbatim and then sent it to Dodd-Mead as completed. I know not why the book was not published from that point on however. I do know that Dodd-Mead sent a letter to the executors of the will seeking permission to publish. I am going to examine the book again and see if I can determine where DB left off and Edythe filled in. I was always curious as to some of the style of the book which was very Blanding like, and then other parts that were just too spiritual and religious. Now I know a new part of the story. Just thought some of you might be interested in my finds from reading hundreds of pages from the Huntington Library received this week. tj

      The Yahoo! Groups Product Blog
      GROUP FOOTER MESSAGE